Hey lovelies! 💛✨
The WWW Wednesday meme is hosted by Taking on a World of Words.
The Three Ws are:
- What are you currently reading?
- What did you recently finish reading?
- What do you think you’ll read next?
- Sisters of Shadow & Light // I’m about 25% into this one and I’m not sure how much I’m enjoying it. The premise is intriguing but the writing style is not my favourite, the world building is still quite confusing, and I’m not drawn to the characters…. hopefully, it’ll pick up soon.
- The Girl from the Well // I started this because it’s the Dragon & Tea Book Club’s Oct botm but I can’t say I’m enjoying it as much as I hoped. I’ve kind of put it down for now, which is a shame because I loooved Chupeco’s newest book.
- The Deathless Girls // Kiran Millwood Hargrave (★★★☆☆)
- Find Me Their Bones // Sara Wolf (★★★★☆)
- The Never Tilting World // Rin Chupeco (★★★★★)
I had a slow but good reading week this week! I managed to knock out two anticipated November releases and loved them both. Find Me Their Bones was such a solid sequel. I’ve come to adore Zera so bloody much. It’s devastating we have to wait another year for the next installment – and probable finale. *weeps* (pun intended 😂). And The Never Tilting World was such a pleasant surprise. Without a doubt, one of my new favourite worlds and new favourite cast of characters.
The Deathless Girls is The YA Circle’s October botm and it wasn’t bad per say but it just wasn’t my cup of tea. It’s has a qpoc protagonist and an interesting premise but I just never connected with the story or the cast. I’ll definitely read more from this author in the future, though. Her writing was exquisite!
I am all over the place at the moment and not sure what I want to be reading! I do have to read Eight of the Fall by the 26th Nov though so I might pick that up. I also have Fence, Vol. 2 and Good Omens due back at the library on the 3rd.
▷ Let’s Talk
what’s have you read this week? let me know what was your best or worst read and what’s in your plans for the upcoming week.